The fat around your waistline can present more problems than body image insecurity. Known as subcutaneous fat, the fat around your belly can slow the metabolism and increase your risk of cardiovascular disease as it accumulates. Exercise and diet work in conjunction to eliminate belly fat, but even these two tried and true techniques may not always work. Sometimes, you need super ingredients that with powerful belly fat burning properties.
Unbeknownst to the average person, water helps to clean out toxins, decrease water retention, and prevent overeating by helping you feel satiated. We often recommend drinking 16 ounces of water prior to eating when you are attempting to lose weight.
People with fat around the midsection do not typically drink enough water to stay sufficiently hydrated. When the body is in a mildly dehydrated state, it tends to slow down and doesn’t eliminate toxins and waste efficiently. Add a poor diet, replete with sugary beverages, meats, refined grains, processed foods, and dairy products, to the mix and waste and fat begin to accumulate. To help the body get rid of stubborn belly fat, start adding these four drinks to your diet regimen.
Apple Cider Vinegar Drink:
If fat around the abdomen is your trouble area, apple cider vinegar is the ingredient for you. According to research studies, the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar seems to slowly burn belly fat and curb your appetite. One study found that 175 people, who took apple cider vinegar every day, lost weight and decreased belly fat.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1-2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
How To Consume:
- Combine the ingredients and consume before each meal.
Cucumber Infused Water:
Cucumber is a wonderful ingredient to add to your water, but it should also be consumed in your regular diet. The 96 percent water content, vitamin B-5, fiber, antioxidants, and pantothenic acid all work to provide satiety, in addition to flushing out toxins from the digestive tract.
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of mint leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of aloe vera, peeled
- purified water
How To Consume:
- In a large pitcher, add the cucumber, mint, lime, ginger, and aloe and fill it up to the brim with water.
- Place this in the refrigerator and let the flavors infuse for two hours. Drink a few glasses a day.
Naturally low in calories and rich in antioxidants, mint works to improve your metabolic rate, which helps to burn fat more quickly. Mint helps to remove additional bile from the gallbladder, and bile can contribute to fat storage.
- ½ bunch mint leaves
- ½ bunch cilantro
- ½ lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- filtered water
How To Consume:
- Add the mint leaves, cilantro, and lemon rounds to a large pitcher and fill with water.
- Refrigerate for two hours and then consume.
- If you simply blend the mint, cilantro, and lemon and consume that with your meal, it is also beneficial for losing belly fat.
Many people are drawn to green tea because of the polyphenols, which have been proven to be exceptional for dieting and weight loss. The catechins in green tea are the key to fat burning and boosting the metabolism. Several studies have shown that green tea is effective at burning fat in the abdominal area.
There aren’t any instructions other than to brew about 2 cups of green tea a day and enjoy the many benefits.