Some men have the natural ability to grow a healthy face full of hair, but there are specific steps a man can take to encourage the growth of a lumberjack-esque beard. Not every man believes that grooming his own beard is necessary, but it is most certainly a necessity. Removing dead skin cells, bacteria, and excess oils from the beard can only be done by properly washing, conditioning, and applying a beard oil or balm.
Beard growing has become a hobby and a profession for certain men. There are beard competitions around the world, and you best believe that these gentlemen treat their beards with the love and respect they deserve. While proper beard hygiene is one component of maintaining beard health, focusing on a healthy diet that is rich in nutrients is one aspect of beard health that many men fail to recognize. The reality is that the beard begins on the inside, and the beard will reflect poor dietary choices, high stress levels, or lack of sleep.
Consuming foods that are rich in B-vitamins and plant-based protein can be a positive step towards a thicker, luscious beard. Vitamins B6 and B12 have been proven to promote hair growth, while protein accelerates hair growth by helping to maintain healthy testosterone levels. Keep in mind that a diet that is rich in sugars, processed foods, and refined grains may prevent your beard from growing.
Why You Should Use Beard Oil:
First off, scent is the most important thing when it comes to selecting or creating the perfect beard oil. You want to use oils that appeal to you, but you also want to look at the health benefits they offer. The primary reason to use beard oil is to promote hair growth, maintain beard shine and strength, and moisturize the skin under the beard. Additionally, using beard oil can help you style your beard. To help your beard reach its fullest potential, here is a nourishing DIY beard oil that smells and feels amazing.
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
- 2-3 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 4-5 drops lavender essential oil
- sweet almond oil
- dropper bottle
- Add the tea tree, cedarwood, and lavender essential oils to the dropper bottle and fill the rest of the bottle with sweet almond oil.
- Close the bottle and give it a shake to combine all the oils. Store in your bathroom so that it can become a key part of your beard care routine.
Using The Beard Oil:
- This beard oil should be used every day for best results.
- After washing your beard, thoroughly dry the hair before dropping a few drops of the beard oil in your palms and massaging it into your skin and beard.
- If you feel like your skin is extra dry, you can rub a little extra oil into your beard before bed.