There’s an estimated 30 million men that experience erectile dysfunction. Even though it’s more common for older men to experience erectile dysfunction, age is not necessarily a cause for the issue. Erectile dysfunction can often lead to emotional and relationship issues, as it tends to lessen men’s confidence. What most people don’t know is that erectile dysfunction is often a sign of an underlying issue.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction refers to the inability for men to obtain or maintain a penile erection. From time to time, men may experience issues when it comes to keeping a firm erection, however, if the issue progresses, occurring more often, it could be a sign of erectile dysfunction. When the penis is erect, there’s an increase in the size of the blood vessels that carry blood to the penis, decreasing the size of the vessels carrying the blood out. When men experience erectile dysfunction, there’s poor circulation in the penile area.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
The cause for erectile dysfunction is normally due to poor circulation in the body. Poor circulation can stem from a variety of factors, predominately from health ailments that decrease the blood flow and the size of the blood vessels. Circulation is vital to men achieving erections, as blood also flows to the genital area. It’s common for the exact cause of erectile dysfunction to be related to physical issues that derive from certain diets and lifestyles. Erectile dysfunction can also be from a combination of both physical and emotional issues.
Natural Remedies For Erectile Dysfunction:
- Eliminating foods that contribute to poor circulation is key. Foods that tend to clog arteries and prevent proper circulation include caffeinated beverages, processed foods, sugar, alcohol, and foods high in starch and fat. These foods mostly contribute to the impairment of blood circulation. Cutting back on these foods alone can help restore the amount of circulation within the body. To specifically help promote more circulation in the genital area, it would be best to consume foods that are high in Omega 3, Vitamin B, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C. Foods that have been known to help with circulation include oranges, garlic, cayenne pepper, sunflower seeds, avocados, ginger, cucumbers, celery, and red bell peppers.
- Arginine is a type of amino acid that been linked to improving health conditions that are related to artery and blood vessel health. Arginine has been recommended to help address erectile dysfunction in addition to other health ailments. Foods that are high in arginine include pumpkin seeds, spirulina, peanuts, almonds, raw lentils, and walnuts. Consuming these foods can help stimulate the blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow.
- Addressing your initial health issues is the best way to treat erectile dysfunction. When you address the source of poor circulation, it’s easier to treat the symptoms some ailments may present, hence erectile dysfunction. Repairing your body from the ailments that affect cardiovascular health and circulatory health can help achieve a better erection.
- If you’re a person who smokes, quitting can help improve the conditions of erectile dysfunction. Smoking can stress the body and specifically cause circulation issues. Nicotine has been known to reduce genital blood flow specifically.
- Acupuncture has been known to help with circulation issues, as the needles help dilate blood vessels. There are specific acupuncture points that help get the blood moving again. Erectile dysfunction can also be mentally related, and acupuncture can help reduce the amount of stress or anxiety and the body.
- Erectile dysfunction is essentially a physical issue, however, anxiety and stress can make things worse. It’s important that you emotionally address the condition, alleviating your conscience. Think positive thoughts in hopes of remedying the impotence. Talking to your partner for encouragement in hopes of overcoming the condition can also help.