Everyone has their own approach to succeeding on the Full Body Cleanse. Some like to make meals every day and some people like to prep meals for the entire week. We suggest batch prepping for anyone looking to save time in the kitchen. You don’t have to dive in the deep end and prep every meal and snack for every day of every week, but it isn’t a bad idea to prep at least one meal a week to help you stay on track.
Most people wish they could have more time in the morning. You never want to feel like you are in a rush, although panic is inevitable when you look at the clock, only to realize that you don’t have breakfast and you should have left ten minutes ago. The best thing you can do for yourself while cleansing is to prep smoothies to shave time off your mornings. When you have a smoothie bag ready to go, you don’t have to think about what to make and it takes less than five minutes to remove from the freezer, add to the blender, and blend it up. Plus, you get to eat a healthy breakfast without reverting to something that is not cleanse-approved.
It is best to start on a small scale so that you don’t fall off the meal prep wagon. The problem with being overzealous is that you are likely to stop meal prepping. Start simple by following this prep, which will provide you with one smoothie for each day of an entire week. That equates to seven breakfasts. The flavor of the smoothie can change by adding different quantities of the different berries.
Groceries To Buy:
- 1lb bag of spinach
- 1 big bunch kale
- 2lb clamshell of strawberries
- 1lb clamshell of blueberries
- 1lb clamshell of blackberries
- 7 bananas
- sealable quart-sized sandwich bags
Ingredients For Each Smoothie Bag:
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup kale leaves, washed and big stems removed
- 1 cup berries of your choice (you can mix all of them or use a variety you prefer)
- 1 banana, sliced
- Place the ingredients for one smoothie in a sealable quart-sized sandwich bag. Seal the bag and place in the freezer. Repeat this for the rest of the six smoothies.
- In the morning, remove one bag from the freezer and empty the contents into your blender. Add 1 cup of filtered water and blend until you get a smoothie consistency. Enjoy your smoothie!