Sometimes you just need to hit the reset button on life. With all the toxins that the body absorbs, be it through food, the environment, water, beauty products, or hygiene products, you can become overwhelmed to the point where you feel sluggish and unhealthy. Don’t let yourself be weighed down! Instead, take part in a raw food challenge to completely rejuvenate your body.
How do you go about starting a raw food challenge? It can be difficult, provided you don’t have the correct information. Our cleanses require you to maintain a raw foods diet and a lot of people misinterpret what is actually allowed on the diet. While it may be difficult for most Americans, the raw food diet is a chance to take a break from all the junk they continually put in their bodies and focus on foods that are beneficial.
One of the biggest misconceptions about a raw foods diet is that you can’t eat anything, or that the food you will be eating tastes bland. Raw foods are not flavorless. Fresh herbs and a diverse spice cabinet, along with some bold flavor combinations, will make your food taste just like the food you are used to eating.
Are you ready to commit to one week of raw foods? Accept the challenge and cleanse your system!
Raw Food Challenge Guidelines:
- You can only eat raw fruit, raw vegetables, raw nuts & seeds, fresh herbs, and spices.*
- Drink lots of filtered, alkaline, or distilled water. You should drink about half your bodyweight in ounces of water each day.
- You can only drink water, herbal teas (no green, black, or white teas), freshly made juices, or homemade smoothies.
- No meat, meat products, dairy products, processed foods, wheat, refined sugar, alcohol, soda, coffee, grains, eggs, or anything with a shelf life.
*You can have extra virgin olive oil, virgin coconut oil, or raw apple cider vinegar as well.
You might be thinking, “How am I going to survive by only eating raw fruits, vegetables, and raw nuts & seeds?” Trust us, and thousands of our cleansers, that you will make it through and feel better after completing the challenge. You don’t need to go out a buy tons of kitchen gadgets for this challenge; rather, a good blender, a sharp knife, and a cutting board will do the trick. If you want to get a vegetable spiralizer, that can be of use to you as well.
Important Things To Keep You On Track:
- Avoid GMO foods
- Make sure to eat enough
- Don’t worry about calorie counting (eat until you are content)
- Make sleep a priority
- Drink a lot of water
- Try to meal prep
- Plan what you are going to eat for the day
In case you need some inspiration, here are a few recipes to help you along the way.
Juices & Smoothies:
Salads & Dressings:
It is best to start on Monday, so get your shopping done soon. Let us know how your week is going and feel free to give us a call about our cleanses or ask for raw food tips. Explore our raw recipe section for more inspiration and best of luck on your 7-day raw food challenge!
We have more exciting news!
If you participate in this challenge, you will be entered to win a Free 10-Day Full Body Cleanse Express.
In order to win, you must:
1. Post pictures of your meals on social media every day of the challenge.
2. Make sure to tag us on:
- Instagram @dherbs and use #dherbs7dayrawfoodchallenge
- Facebook @dherbsfamily and use #dherbs7dayrawfoodchallenge
Winner will be selected on November 1st.
Click below for the raw guidelines.