Not all of us get blessed with naturally radiant skin. That’s the truth, but we don’t have to feel down and out about that because there are so many natural ways to improve your complexion. Don’t waste your time comparing yourself to someone with perfect skin. Use that time to give your skin some much-needed TLC.
A lot of people spend loads of money on facial cleansers, toners, and masks, but those products can do more damage than good. Many of them are filled with chemicals, which can penetrate your skin or clog your pores, which ultimately creates more bacterial build-up. Rather than damaging your skin, use natural ingredients to improve it. Use the simple, 3-step facial below.
Step 1: Cleanse
Depending on what you have on your face (makeup, sunscreen, or any facial skincare product), it is best to cleanse you face at night. If you need a natural makeup remover, almond or coconut oil are great for that. You can also use an all-natural rosemary sea salt scrub to cleanse your pores. Click here to get that recipe. Once you are finished cleansing, make sure to gently pat your face dry before applying the mask, below.
Try to avoid cleansers that contain ethanol, benzyl alcohol, triclosan, fragrances, monothanolamine, or color pigments.
Step 2: Mask
Bentonite clay is one of the best natural masks to help heal insect bites, wounds, acne, or even eczema. You can also ingest bentonite clay if you ever have food poisoning, viral infections, or arthritis. The clay has an electrical charge and so do toxins. Since toxins have a positive charge, they are natural drawn to the clay, helping to naturally keep your face clean and healthy.
Ingredients for the Mask:
- 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay
- 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar
Instructions for Mask Application:
- Mix the clay and apple cider vinegar in a small container until you have a thick consistency. Apply the mask on your face and let it dry (about 5-10 minutes). Rinse with warm water to remove.
- This makes enough for 2 masks, so cover the container and store it in the fridge. It will last for up to 2 weeks.
Step 3: Exfoliate
After the clay mask, your skin may feel a little dry, which is why this honey scrub is going to change your life by helping you exfoliate. Honey, the main ingredient in this scrub, has amazing antibacterial properties that cleanse and moisturize at the same time. Additionally, the oats and sugar help remove dead skin cells and the lemon has an anti-aging effect.
Ingredients for Scrub:
- 2-3 tablespoons of raw, organic honey
- 1 teaspoon rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
Instructions for Scrub:
- Mix all of the ingredients together. It should be thick, but you can add more coconut sugar if you need to thicken the mixture. Apply a small amount to wet skin and massage in a circular motion, avoiding the eyes. Let the scrub rest on your face for about 5 minutes before rinsing with warm water and patting dry.