Varicose veins can make you feel self-conscious about your appearance. They might cause you to wonder whether or not people are staring. The fact of the matter is that you should feel comfortable in your own body. To help you feel worry-free, we stumbled on a pretty awesome herbal remedy, which can help get rid of varicose veins and more.
What Are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are veins that become enlarged, dilated, and overfilled with blood. Generally blue or dark purple, varicose veins mostly occur in the legs and feet. The reason for this is because standing or walking increases pressure to the veins in the lower part of the body. Varicose veins are very common, especially in women, and about 50% of Americans have them.
The bay leaf has some pretty amazing healing properties. Most people only use bay leaves as a flavoring agent for marinades, stocks, curries, or stews, though. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, you can use bay leaves to make a healing medicinal oil, which has the following benefits:
- Increases mental activity
- Calms joint pain
- Strengthens the immune system
- Calms the nervous system
- Treats varicose veins
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Warm the bay leaves and olive oil in a saucepan over a very low heat. Let this mixture cool and strain through a mesh strainer into a glass jar.
- Apply this oil to your varicose veins once a day to help them disappear.