We always stress the importance of staying sufficiently hydrated. Not only can being hydrated help you flush toxins from you body, but it can also help you lose weight. If you decide to infuse fresh ingredients like pineapples, lemons, or cucumbers in your water, it will only help you on your quest to detoxifying the body.
When you add fresh ingredients to your water, you have to choose ingredients that help you achieve what your goals are. If you are looking to improve the health of your skin or fight free radicals, fresh lemons are the way to go. If you are looking to improve digestion, it is beneficial to add fresh pineapples to your water. Now, boosting your metabolism and burning belly fat can be achieved if you add two special ingredients to your water.
Apples are available in grocery stores all year. They are rich in dietary fiber, which helps to eliminate waste from the colon, and they contain pectin, a compound that helps to naturally lower cholesterol and aid digestion. Apples also help slow the way the body metabolizes carbohydrates, which can help regulate blood sugar levels.
Cinnamon is one of the best spices to have in your diet if you are trying to lose weight. Cinnamon helps to increase your metabolism and moderate blood sugar. Additionally, cinnamon helps to lower bad cholesterol, while promoting mental acuity and reducing fatigue.
It seems as though apples and cinnamon were made for each other. The two ingredients work together to dramatically improve your digestive system and help to detox your system. Make one or both of the two detox water recipes below to say goodbye to your belly fat.
Recipe #1: Iced Apple Cinnamon Drink
- 1 organic apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick (non-irradiated)
- 1 pitcher of water
- Add the apple slices and cinnamon stick to an empty pitcher. Fill the picture half way with ice and then fill it up with filtered water.
- Store in the fridge for an hour or more before you drink it.
Recipe #2: Apple Water
- 1 gallon of filtered water
- 4-6 organic apples, cored and sliced
- 6 cinnamon sticks (non-irradiated)
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring 1 gallon of water to a simmer. Add the apples and cinnamon sticks and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature before drinking. You can store it in a pitcher in the fridge or separate it into various glass jars to drink throughout the week.
It is beneficial, for both recipes, to drink 8 ounces of the detox water roughly 30 minutes before a meal. You can continue to use the apples and cinnamon sticks for three days before swapping them out for new ones.