BLACK BEAN BURGERS WITH CILANTRO LIME SAUCE [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 2½ Cups Cooked Black Beans or Canned
- 1 Cup Ground Oats (I took rolled oats and ground them in the food processor.)
- ½ Bell Pepper finely diced
- ½ Red Onion finely diced
- ½ Cup Cilantro chopped fine
- ¼ Jalapeno finely diced. More if you like it hot!
- ¼ Cup Corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbs Cumin
- 2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 to 2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Oil
- Favorite toppings: Tomato, Avocado, Red Onion, Greens,
Cilantro Lime Sauce :
- ¼ Cup Vegan Mayo
- Juice and zest of 1 Lime
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Burgers:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Heat pan on stove medium high with the oil. I use a cast iron pan so that I can transfer straight to the oven.
- Reserve ¾ cup beans.
- Place all other ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined but still slightly chunky.
- Stir in remaining beans.
- Form patties. I made 8 pretty good sized patties.
- Fry in oil for a few minutes on each side until browned and crispy.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
For the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients. Put in as much lime zest as you can get, its yum!!
- If possible, refrigerate for a few hours to enhance flavors.