Isn’t it great when something so simple works out much better than something you saw on an infomercial? That’s exactly why we are sharing this amazing chemical-free facial moisturizer with you. People get suckered into buying skincare products, which contain a plethora of chemicals, after seeing “miracle” photos in various advertisements. The reality is that these products can sometimes worsen the condition of your skin.
Products that claim to get rid of acne may have chemicals that irritate or dry out the skin. This occasionally causes the skin to produce more oils, resulting in imbalanced pH levels. Additionally, the skin absorbs whatever you put on it. Those chemicals in whatever cream, lotion, cleanser, or moisturizer you use enter the body and can ultimately harm your internal organs.
If you are looking to improve the health of your skin, become friends with extra virgin olive oil and castor oil. These help to balance the skin’s oil production on your face and they work to get rid of bacteria and clogged pores. We know it may sound counterintuitive to put more oil on your oily face. The truth is that these oils help dissolve the oils, which are naturally produced on your skin, and they wash away the impurities, helping your face feel moisturized.
Because everyone’s skin is different, you may need to experiment with different ratios to find what mixture is best for you. You may need to use more olive oil and less castor oil if you have dryer skin. Start off with small amounts at first so that you aren’t wasting these precious oils! If you have normal skin, the following recipe may be beneficial.
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup castor oil
- small soft washcloth
- small container for storing oil mixture
- It is recommended that you only apply this mixture once a day before bed to allow the oils to nurture your skin overnight.
- Mix the oils together in a glass jar.
- Pour about one teaspoon of the oil mixture in your hands, rub them together, and apply the mixture all over your face.
- Take the washcloth and run it under hot water. Place this over your face and leave it on until it becomes cool.
- Using the washcloth, wipe your face and then rinse the washcloth off.
- If you feel that your skin is dry, apply a couple drops of olive oil on your skin.
- Store the mixture in a cool, dry place.
- It may be beneficial to add some essential oils to your oil mixture. Try adding a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil.