Smoking is a terrible habit, yet it is an extremely popular millions of people do it around the world. According to a CDC estimate, over 35 million Americans over age 18 smoke cigarettes. That is roughly 16% of the population, which is a decreased number from the 20.9% that smoked in 2005. People who smoke even know that it is bad and want to quit, while others who smoke live by the “you only live once” philosophy.
Because the chemicals in cigarettes are so toxic, smoking remains the leading cause of lung cancer. Smoking can even increase one’s risk of developing asthma or bronchitis. Even if a person quits smoking, he/she can suffer the effects of the harmful chemicals. Luckily, we stumbled upon an amazing drink that can help curb the side effects by cleaning nicotine and tar from the lungs.
This drink is all natural and can greatly reduce a person’s risk of lung cancer or lung diseases. The turmeric, garlic, and ginger in this drink work to fight inflammation that may be in the respiratory system. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, can actually inhibit cancer cell growth. And the ginger helps soothe your chest and throat with its antibacterial properties. You can find the ingredient list and instructions below.
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (powder or freshly grated)
- 1 small piece of ginger root
- 1 liter of water
- 1 cup garlic cloves, peeled (not minced)
- ½ cup agave or grade B maple syrup
- Add the water to a large pot and bring to a boil. When the water is boiling, add the rest of the ingredients and continue simmering for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Strain the liquid through a mesh strainer into a glass jar, or multiple glass jars. You can store this in the refrigerator.
- You should drink 2 tablespoons of this mixture on an empty stomach in the morning, and after your last meal at night. This will help with the natural cleansing of the lungs.