Most people don’t know this, but the skin is the largest organ in the body. That means that it absorbs airborne toxins or chemicals from beauty products, which make their way inside the body. Some people buy cleansers or other beauty products to get glowing, beautiful skin, but are they doing more harm than good?
When you have healthy skin, you feel more confident and sexier. Your skin, much like your overall health, shouldn’t be neglected. Giving your skin natural ingredients that work to soothe it and promote a youthful appearance is better than having it temporarily look good, while slowly contaminating it with chemicals. That’s why we recommend using an all-natural coffee sugar scrub.
Coffee is more than a drink that gives you a caffeine boost in the morning. Those grounds can do wonders for your skin, for example, helping to reduce inflammation or get rid of cellulite. Coffee grounds work to exfoliate the skin, helping to remove dead skin cells. This results in a smoother, cleaner, more hydrated face, but you can exfoliate other areas of the body too.
This coffee scrub includes cocoa butter, which is a great natural moisturizer. If you don’t want to use cocoa butter, you can also use shea butter, but cocoa butter helps the scrub hold together. You can make this for yourself, or make it in bulk and gift it to your friends and family.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces virgin coconut oil
- 2 ounces avocado oil (or sweet almond oil)
- 25 ounces cocoa butter
- 1 tablespoon coffee grounds
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 275º Fahrenheit. If you don’t want to use an oven, you can use a saucepan on your stove. Place the coconut oil and cocoa butter in an ovenproof loaf pan and place in the oven, or use the saucepan over low-medium flame on the stove. The melting process only takes a couple minutes.
- Once those two are melted, remove from oven or heat. Fill a large bowl with ice and rest the saucepan/loaf pan with the coconut oil mixture in the ice. Add the avocado oil and mix to combine.
- While the oil mixture is still in liquid form, slowly mix in the sugar. Stir in the coffee grounds and add the vanilla seeds if you are using them. Mix until you get a thick scrub.
- Place the mixture in a glass jar and seal. Use once daily to improve skin health.