Have you noticed some deep pores on your face lately? Good thing we are swooping in to rescue your skin with an amazing deep cleansing face mask recipe. The great thing about this mask is that you’ll notice an immediate reduction in the pores, but you may also see improved skin tone, reduced acne, and a more youthful glow.
The one-two punch combo of apple cider vinegar and bentonite clay removes impurities, such as oils, dead skin cells, and other bacteria that remain on your face. Both of these ingredients work to promote smoother skin, fewer breakouts, and a reduction in the appearance of your pores. Not only are these ingredients natural and effective, but they are also inexpensive, which means that you don’t have to drop your life savings on “miracle” masks or solutions that improve facial skin.
Bentonite Clay For Skin:
The theory behind bentonite clay is that it adsorbs materials by sticking to their molecules. When you remove the clay from the skin, it takes the impurities along with it. The adsorbent properties may be beneficial for those who commonly experience acne breakouts or those who have oily skin. When there is too much oil on the skin, people commonly experience blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples as a result. The clay binds to the bacteria in your pores, unclogging them and improving the overall health of your skin by allowing your pores to breathe.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Skin:
Apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic, citric, malic, and amino acids, all of which are beneficial for your skin. If you have been struggling to keep acne at bay, turn to apple cider vinegar because it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that assist with keeping your pores clean. Many people use apple cider vinegar to help exfoliate because the alpha hydroxyl acid removes dead skin cells to encourage the growth of health new ones.
Disclaimer: Do not use metal utensils or dishware when making recipes with bentonite clay. They leach metals into the clay and make it ineffective. Also, if you have sensitive skin, apply a thin layer at first and leave it on for half the time. You can also batch test it first to see how you react.
2 Ingredient Face Mask
- 1 teaspoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- Wash your face with water and a natural cleanser to remove any dirt or built-up oils.
- Add the bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar to a glass mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Once you’ve achieved a paste consistency, apply the mask to your face.
- Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse the mask off using warm water. You may have to scrub to remove it.
- Your skin may look a little pink in the immediate minutes after removing your mask but this is normal, especially since the clay increases blood flow as it pulls out toxins.