Have you ever had to deal with smelly shoes? Imagine you are relaxing in your house and your significant other gets home, only to remove his or her shoes and stink up the room with an intrusive, pungent odor. It is annoying and it is hard to address without being hurtful. It doesn’t have to be a tricky situation because we have an amazing solution to the problem.
Common Causes of Shoe Odor:
Most people don’t have the luxury of changing their shoes ever couple hours. This means that your feet are in the same shoes all day long, which can cause your feet to sweat, especially if it is hot outside. This warm, moist environment inside your shoes is essentially a paradise for bacteria. Your feet may sweat due to the material of the insole or because you aren’t wearing socks. Either way, bacteria go crazy and the result is a foul smell.
Rather than using a chemical spray to get rid of the odor, it is easy to neutralize the smell with natural ingredients. The spray in this article contains essential oils, distilled water, and witch hazel. The essential oils are filled with antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties that work to deodorize the shoes. Witch hazel also contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that help to get rid of shoe odor. Try using the spray and let us know if it gets rid of the smell, provided your shoes stink.
- 5 ounce spray bottle
- Distilled water
- Unscented witch hazel
- 6 drops peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- Fill the spray bottle halfway with unscented witch hazel.
- Pour distilled water in the same bottle until it is almost full.
- Add the essential oils the spray bottle and shake well.
- When you want to use the spray, shake well before each use. Lightly spray the insides of the shoes, ensuring that you get the toe as well because that is were a lot of germs can exist. Let the shoes dry before wearing them again.
- You can also use this spray to deodorize sports gear or gym bags.