People with straight hair are envious of people with curly hair, and vice versa. We say that you should abandon the notion of wanting what you don’t have. Instead, embrace your beautiful curly locks, even though they can be difficult to manage at times. You can’t just leave them be; rather, you have to nourish them so the curls look as healthy as possible. How do you do that, you ask? That’s what the curl defining cream in this article is for.
Why Do You Need A Curl Defining Cream?
You spend a lot of time caring for you skin, right? The goal is to have nourished, youthful-looking skin, and you can’t do that without a great skin care routine. While many women have a special hair care routine, curls seem to get left by the wayside. The argument for using a curl defining cream is simple: you need to fight the frizz. People with curly hair know the frizz all too well, but adding moisture and definition to your curls helps tame the beast. You want to look nourished and dignified, not wild and electrified.
Aloe Vera For Hair
Aloe vera has incredible soothing properties when applied to the skin, especially when it comes to burns, wounds, or sunburns. Applying it to the scalp, however, can improve hair follicles and reduce the risk of dry or damaged hair. If your hair is oily, use aloe vera because it works to remove excess sebum from hair follicles. The vitamin A, C, and E content in aloe vera promote healthy cell growth and can prevent hair from falling out. Finally, aloe vera helps to increase circulation to the scalp, which in turn promotes healthy hair growth.
Shea Butter For Hair
Shea butter is one of our favorite natural ingredients to use in DIY beauty recipes. In addition to offering natural UV protection, it has beneficial moisturizing properties for the skin. When it comes to your hair, Shea butter works to prevent dryness, which is great for people with dry scalps. Using too much Shea butter on curly hair can weigh it down, especially if the hair is thin, so don’t use a ton if you fall into that category. If you do use it on your hair, you’ll notice it creates healthy moisture and shine.
DIY Curl Defining Cream
- 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons Shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Melt the Shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Once they are melted, remove from heat and stir in the aloe vera gel and make sure it is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar, screw on the lid, and store in a cool, dry place.
How To Use:
- Use the curl defining cream on towel dried hair. Do not blow dry your hair and use this cream.
- Start at your roots and massage the cream through your hair to the ends. Shape your curls as you go through by twirling them around your fingers.