Self-care and relaxation are key components that make up a healthy lifestyle. You could almost argue that taking time to properly relax is just as important as eating a healthy diet. That is why we are all about relaxing in these detox bath recipes we found. Not only do they help you relax, but they also supply the body with tons of beneficial nutrients.
What Are Detox Baths?
Detox baths can contain different ingredients. The ingredients you include in the detox bath depend on what your ultimate goal is. One of the most common things to add to a detox bath is Epsom salt, which isn’t actually salt at all. It is technically magnesium sulfate, a mixture of magnesium and the sulfate compound. Magnesium is an essential mineral that works to combat cortisol, the stress hormone, and it is also responsible for reducing inflammation and relaxing sore muscles.
The following baths can be beneficial, depending on the results you’d like to experience.
Calming Detox Bath:
Need to take a load off and shut out the world for an hour? This bath is exactly what you need. Your skin will feel amazing and the scents will help to put you in calmer, more relaxed mood.
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- 5 cups dead sea salts
- ½ cup sea salt
- 1/8 cup bentonite clay
- 7 drop lavender essential oil
- 7 drops frankincense essential oil
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a non-metal bowl and stir with a non-metal spoon. Metal can ruin the healing properties of the clay.
- Store this in an airtight jar.
- Add 1 cup of the mixture to a warm bath and soak in it for about 20 minutes. Rinse after soaking and pat yourself dry. Make sure to drink water after the bath.
Detox Bath For Back Pain:
This bath is known for relieving sore muscles. Your skin will absorb the therapeutic properties of Epsom salt, in addition to the anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties of the essential oils.
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Combine the Epsom salt and baking soda in a large bowl. Slowly add the essential oils and mix well. Finally, stir in the lavender flowers and fresh rosemary.
- Transfer the mixture to a large glass jar that is airtight.
- Use 1 cup of the mixture when you want to take a bath. Stir it in warm water until dissolved and soak in it for about 20 minutes.
Green Tea Eucalyptus Detox Bath:
This bath contains ingredients that help balance your pH levels, soften your skin, and deliver antioxidants to your body via your skin. This bath is also great if you have tired or sore muscles.
- 5 green tea bags
- 1¾ cups Epsom salt
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1½ tablespoons vitamin E oil
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Open the green tea bags and empty the contents into a bowl. Discard the bags. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Pour this mixture in an airtight jar and store it in a cool dry place.
- When you want to take a bath, stir in ½ cup of this mixture in warm water and soak in the bath for 30 minutes.