Your legs and your feet take beating every day. Whether you stand up for eight hours at work, confine your feet in heels at functions, or go hiking for hours on end, it is important to care for your feet. While we advocate foam rolling your legs for muscle and pain relief, you can do something else to soothe and cool down your feet.
Let us introduce you to a cooling leg and foot butter that can help eliminate odor and relieve tension. This natural butter has some amazing health properties, too! The essential oils (peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree) have antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic properties that can benefit your skin and kill odors.
This cooling butter also contains coconut oil, which helps to moisturize your skin. It also contains antiviral and antibacterial properties. Vitamin E oil is often used in beauty products because it has a lot of antioxidants, which benefit skin conditions like eczema, stretch marks, or psoriasis. This DIY butter also calls for mango butter, which is pressed from fresh mango fruit. Mango helps to moisturize and soften your skin.
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup mango butter
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 15 drops tea tree oil
- 5 drops eucalyptus oil
- 15 drops peppermint oil
- Melt the coconut oil and mango butter in a glass jar in the sun. You can also place a metal mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water to melt them faster. As soon as it is melted, remove from the heat.
- Stir the vitamin E oil and other essential oils into the melted mixture and then allow it to cool to room temperature. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for a few minutes to speed up the cooling process.
- Whisk the room temperature mixture until it is light in color. It will start out as a light yellow and should fad to ivory when whisked.
- Store this in an airtight container and use it within 3 months. You can store it in the fridge or leave it out at room temperature.
When you want to use this cooling butter, apply it in between your toes and rub it on your legs. It feels amazing, especially on hot and tired feet and legs! For extra cooling, apply this to your feet at night, put on a pair of cotton socks, and you’ll wake up with super soft feet.