Green tea can seemingly do no wrong. It has the ability to speed up metabolism, boost hair growth, and may have the potential to fight off certain cancer cells. You may want to start incorporating green tea into your diet, or in the case of this article, into your DIY hair care routine.
Hair growth is not something that can be controlled, although the combination of eating clean and using natural, chemical-free hair care products can encourage healthy hair. The problem is that most people lunge towards miracle hair growth products that seldom work. These products may only contain one ingredient that may be able to encourage hair growth. That’s why it is beneficial to make your own hair growth products, which are solely comprised of ingredients that promote healthy hair.
Why Use Green Tea?
Green tea contains carotenoids, zinc, tacopherols, and ascorbic acid, all of which help to prevent hair loss and encourage regrowth. When it comes to green tea’s power of stimulating hair growth, however, one essential compound is responsible: epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). This polyphenol works to promote hair growth in cell culture, strengthening roots and activating hair follicles for healthier hair.
Why Use Rosemary Essential Oil?
The idea behind using rosemary essential oil to prevent hair loss is attributed to the anti-inflammatory properties of rosemary. It also has the ability to improve circulation and promote nerve growth. Recent studies have found that rosemary essential oil contains carnosic acid, which may have the potential to rejuvenate nerves in the scalp, ultimately restoring hair growth. Other studies found that rosemary oil is just as effective at preventing hair loss as minoxidil, the active ingredient in Rogaine.
Why Use Lime?
Lime juice contains folate and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, and C. All of these work together to boost circulation throughout the body, including the scalp, and this may help to prevent hair loss.
Green Tea Hair Growth Spray
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 green tea bag
- juice from ½ lime
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 spray bottle
- Boil one cup of water and then pour it into a mug. Steep the green tea bag in the hot water for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag from the water and pour the tea into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in the lime juice and rosemary essential oil. Whisk to combine.
- Wait for the mixture to cool before pouring it into a spray bottle and store in a cool dry place.
How To Use:
- Wash your hair first. Once you get out of the shower, gently dry your hair before spraying the green tea mixture all over your hair and scalp. Massage it into your scalp and through your hair. Leave it in and don’t rinse it out.