The hands are constantly exposed to the elements. Whether they are digging in the dirt to plant flowers, washing dishes or cleaning house, wielding a sledgehammer to tear down walls, or handling a jackhammer, they can easily become cracked, calloused, dry, or unhealthy. Don’t neglect the health of your hands because they deserve the same attention you give to your facial skin. Nourish those hardworking hands by using the salve in this article.
When it comes to making sure the hands are sufficiently hydrated and moisturized, you need to take action because they won’t get healthy on their own. They open jars, wash dishes, dig holes with shovels, rake, knead loaves of bread, assemble furniture, and touch all kinds of bacteria-ridden surfaces. If you want “old-looking” hands then that’s fine, but we prefer not to head down that road. That’s why we picked some beneficial ingredients for your hands!
Clove Essential Oil:
According to Ayurvedic medicine, clove essential oil can be used in myriad natural remedies, but is especially beneficial for the skin. It has been known to draw out impurities from pores, prevent acne breakouts, improve skin tone, slow the signs of aging, and inhibit bacterial growth on the skin. Clove essential oil helps to remove dead skin cells and improve blood circulation once the skin absorbs it. This helps to keep the skin hydrated and radiant.
Wild Orange Essential Oil:
This is one of the best-selling essential oils in the world. Extracted from orange rinds, this essential oil is commonly used in aromatherapy, but it can also be applied topically with a carrier oil. It contains high concentrations of vitamin C, which has collagen-boosting properties, and powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help to fight free radicals and eliminate fine lines.
Beeswax is one of the best natural beauty products because it helps to heal and protect your skin. It is a potent antibacterial agent and when applied to the skin, it creates a protective barrier, which doesn’t clog your pores, between the skin and the environment. Beeswax is also high in vitamin A, a powerful antioxidant that supports cell reconstruction. If you have dry skin, beeswax is perfect for you! Because it is a humectant, beeswax attracts water to keep the skin hydrated and supple.
DIY Hand Salve For Working Hands
- ¼ cup organic beeswax pellets
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ½ cup organic Shea butter
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 10 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops wild orange essential oil
- Add the beeswax, coconut oil, and Shea butter to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the ingredients are melted and well combined.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the mixture into a heat-safe glass bowl. Place the bowl in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes, until it has just begun to form a solid surface.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and whisk in the vitamin E oil and essential oils, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture to a small jar with a lid. Store it in a cool, dry place and apply as needed. If your hands are dry or cracked, it is wise to apply the salve after every time you wash and dry your hands, since that is when they are the driest.