It can be difficult to keep track of so many different creams, treatments, masks, salves, and more on the beauty market. Wouldn’t it be nice if you just had a cream that could moisturize the skin, nourish the hair, and even remove makeup? That’s why you are in need of your own Egyptian Magic Cream, which offers multiple beauty benefits in one DIY balm.
The original Egyptian Magic Cream was released in 1991, and it’s been rumored to be the best-kept beauty secret for celebrities. It is 100% natural and may help you unlock more beautiful, healthy skin and hair. Unlike most beauty products, Egyptian Magic Cream is free of additives, parabens, chemicals, preservatives, and fragrances. It contains olive oil, beeswax, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly, bee propolis, and divine love. What are these things and how can they help you? We aim to highlight some of those ingredients before providing you with your own recipe.
Commonly used in culinary applications, olive oil has many health properties, but it also exhibits beauty benefits. The high concentration of antioxidants helps to fight free radicals on the skin, which helps protect against early signs of aging. Olive oil also contains vitamins A, D, E, and K, and compounds like oleocanthal and squalene, all of which may help repair skin damage. Olive oil is hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, and non-toxic, making it an excellent carrier oil for topical use.
Beeswax works to soften the skin and enhance skin elasticity, both of which help reduce the signs of aging. According to studies, beeswax exhibits antibacterial, antioxidant, germicidal, and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make beeswax a highly stable base ingredient, which extends the product’s life. If you have sensitive skin, beeswax is an excellent choice because it will unlikely cause skin irritation.
Propolis is widely used in medicine because it exhibits antiseptic properties. In fact, propolis is used in dermatology to treat streptococcal, staphylococcal, and fungal infections. It is highly effective in the treatment of skin burns and it has comparable therapeutic effects to certain over-the-counter burn creams. Propolis also stimulates glycosaminoglycan accumulation, which is necessary tissue growth and wound closure.
With a broad spectrum of biological activities, royal jelly has positive effects on the skin. Studies have shown that royal jelly exhibits antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anti-aging properties. The anti-inflammatory activity may help accelerate wound healing and reduce inflammation. Because royal jelly can stimulate metabolism in tissues, it may improve the regenerative processes, which may reduce early signs of aging.
DIY Magic Cream
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/2 tablespoon bee propolis
- 1/2 tablespoon royal jelly
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen powder
- To start, reserve about one to two teaspoons of olive oil and then add the rest to the top of a double boiler. Add the beeswax pastilles to the double boiler as well.
- Once the beeswax is melted, remove from heat and allow them to cool for about five minutes or so.
- Pour the olive oil beeswax mixture into a heat-safe glass bowl and mix until it turns into an off-white cream. Make sure to allow the mixture to fully cool before adding the rest of the ingredients, as heat can destroy the enzymes in honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the honey, bee propolis, royal jelly, bee pollen powder, and the reserved teaspoons of olive oil. Make sure to whisk well to fully mix the ingredients together.
- Add the honey mixture to the olive oil mixture and whisk to combine. You can do this by hand because it doesn’t need to fluff up like body butter.
- Spoon the mixture into glass jars or metal tins and let the mixture harden completely before storing in a cool, dark place.