In an effort to invite more natural products into the home, we are constantly on the lookout for easy DIY recipes. While we have posted many DIY beauty recipes, we feel that many of them were for women. While any person can use whichever sugar scrub, moisturizer, or lotion that he or she desires, we felt that we needed to post a male-specific body wash.
Most guys do not take the time to sufficiently hydrate their skin. What do they do to boost skin hydration? They typically buy commercial soaps that claim to have moisturizing properties. The chemicals in these soaps may be dehydrating the skin instead. The chemicals in these commercial soaps are absorbed via the skin and may not be conducive to healthy cell maintenance or collagen production. With the recipe in this article, however, the essential oils, castile soap, and coconut oil work to moisturize the skin, improve elasticity, and create a healthier glow.
The base of this DIY body wash is castile soap and fractionated coconut oil, and you are free to change the benefits and scent of this body wash by adding different essential oils. The important thing to keep in mind is that you don’t want to purchase cheap essential oils that are not pure. The quality of the oils will determine the benefits, so don’t be afraid to pay a little extra as an investment in maintenance of healthy skin.
- ½ cup distilled water
- 1 cup castile liquid soap
- 1 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Epsom salt (optional but lengthens the shelf life)
- 20 drop lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- For starters, you’ll need an empty soap bottle to put the body wash in.
- Pour all of the ingredients into the empty bottle and shake well to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- If you find that the scent is too overpowering, you can lessen the amount of drops you put in the body wash.