It’s that time of year again, folks…and we couldn’t be happier to start the fall season with a pumpkin spice foaming hand soap. The pumpkin-flavored or pumpkin-infused recipes will be coming soon, but regular hand washing takes precedence at the moment. Rather than just using the same old boring unscented soap, this pumpkin spice soap embraces the fall season.
One of the things to know about store bought scented soaps is that they contain dangerous chemicals. In fact, several studies found that the artificial ingredients and chemicals in those soaps disrupted endocrine function. The endocrine system produces and secretes hormones that the body uses to carry out various functions, so disrupting this system can lead to hormonal imbalances. Keep your endocrine system healthy by taking 10 minutes to make a homemade, all-natural, scented soap.
Clove Essential Oil
Clove has a signature spicy aroma and the essential oil has powerful anti-aging properties. That’s why you see clove essential oil on a lot of cosmetic creams or oils. It works to remove dead skin cells and increase blood circulation, which contributes to healthier, youthful skin.
Ginger Essential Oil
Another staple spice in the pumpkin spice blend, ginger exhibits anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant activity. In fact, ginger essential oil has some of the highest antioxidant activity, according to several studies. It can actually help to moisten your skin, reducing roughness, which is more common as a result of increased hand washing protocol.
Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon essential oil can stop the creation of protein biomarkers that contribute to inflammatory skin conditions. If you experience any rash or acne, cinnamon’s anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties are very beneficial. Just make sure to mix it with a carrier oil to avoid skin irritation.
Nutmeg Essential Oil
Nutmeg is a signature baking space, but it has a history of use in traditional medicine. Many people have used nutmeg essential oil to ease digestive discomfort or muscle spasms. This spicy oil has a woody aroma and a little goes a long way. Nutmeg essential oil has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, making it a great ingredient for hand soaps.
DIY Pumpkin Spice Foaming Hand Soap
- 3 tablespoons unscented Castile soap
- 1 tablespoon fractionated coconut oil
- 5 drops vitamin E oil
- 10 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 6 drops clove essential oil
- 3 drops ginger essential oil
- 3 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 1 cup distilled water
- Foam soap dispenser
- Pour the Castile soap into the foam soap dispenser bottle and stir in the fractionated coconut oil.
- Add in the vitamin E oil and essential oils. Give the bottle a few swirls to blend the mixture together.
- Next, fill the bottle with distilled water, place the pump on, give the bottle a good shake to combine the ingredients, and then you’re good to go!
- Pump the soap when you wash your hands and you’ll smell that pumpkin spice deliciousness.