Is it possible to naturally soften your skin without spending all your money and time at a rejuvenating spa? Why, yes of course it is, provided you use the right ingredients that nourish your skin. Many people splurge on expensive skin care products and hope for the advertised results. Little do they know that granulate sugar, coconut oil, and lavender essential oil can exfoliate, moisturize, and brighten the skin.
Why Does Sugar Benefit The Skin?
Most people tell you to avoid sugary foods if you want keep your skin healthy. As it turns out, scrubbing your skin with sugar is very good you. Granulated sugar contains minerals that create a protective barrier on the skin. This is important if you want to keep toxins and bacteria out of your pores. The sugar scrub recipe in this article is great for facial skin as well. Using a sugar scrub on your face helps to unclog tired pores and remove dead skin cells without stripping your skin of moisture.
Lavender Essential Oil For Anti-Aging:
Lavender essential oil contains beneficial phytochemicals and antioxidants that combat premature signs of aging. They do this by fighting oxidative stress, which is caused by ultraviolet rays, pollution, and other environmental stressors. Studies show that using lavender essential oil on the skin can help protect it against wrinkles, dark spots, and fine lines.
Lavender Essential Oil For Acne:
The lavender essential oil in this sugar scrub recipe enhances the skin cleansing powers of sugar. Working to neutralize bacteria on the skin and unclog pores, lavender essential oil helps to prevent acne breakouts. Most acne worsens when the skin doesn’t have enough oil. The skin compensates and starts producing excess sebum, which can clog pores and lead to acne. Lavender gently cleanses the pores and moisturizes the skin, reducing your risk of acne.
Lavender Essential Oil For Inflamed Skin:
Many people are aware that lavender essential oil helps promote a sense of calm. In fact, lots of people use it in aromatherapy to reduce anxiety and manage stress. You may be surprised to learn that it offers a similar “calming” benefit to the skin. The beta-caryophyllene in lavender essential oil acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, which is beneficial for inflamed skin. Whether you have a sunburn or insect bites, lavender essential oil can help by soothing the inflammation.
DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 25 drops lavender essential oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix well to combine. When properly mixed, the sugar scrub should look like a paste with a sand-like texture.
- Spoon the scrub into a glass jar and store in a cool, dry place.
How To Use:
- If you want to use this lavender scrub on your face, take a teaspoon-sized amount and gently massage it in a circular motion. Avoid your hair so as not to make it greasy.
- Let it sit on your face for 30 seconds and then rinse with lukewarm water. Pat your face dry.
- You can also use this scrub on your feet, legs, arms, or hands. Just don’t use on your feet while you’re in the shower because the oil increases your risk of slipping and sliding.