Some men need to shave every day, while others only shave a two to three times a week. Men will inevitably nick themselves from time to time, which means that the toxins and synthetic chemicals from shaving gels or creams enter the body via the cuts. These chemicals can enter your bloodstream and cause serious damage.
Rather than risking self-contamination through the simple act of shaving, why not use a DIY, toxin-free shaving cream that hydrates and moisturizes the skin. Guys like having soft skin, too! Soft skin isn’t reserved for a specific gender or sex. This is why we recommend whipping up a batch of this shaving cream as soon as you can.
Not only does this shaving cream contain shea butter, it also contains coconut oil, which helps to moisturize the skin as you shave. The shaving cream also has vitamin E oil, which helps support the natural production of healthy skin cells. Additionally, you can customize the shaving cream by adding some essential oils. While we support peppermint, eucalyptus, or tea tree essential oils, you can use whatever scent your nose desires.
- 2/3 cup organic shea butter
- 2/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet almond oil
- ¼ cup baby-mild castile soap
- 3 drops vitamin E oil
- 10-20 drops essential oil(s) of your choice
- Melt the shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat. Mix well before removing from heat and transferring the mixture to a ceramic/glass bowl. Place in the fridge until it is solid.
- Take the mixture out of the fridge and add in the sweet almond oil, castile soap, and essential oils (optional). Use a hand mixer to whip the mixture until it is fluffy.
- Store in a glass jar and use whenever you shave. Don’t apply too thick of layer. It is meant to be thinly spread across your face or shaving area.