If you don’t know by now, turmeric is an ingredient that is worth having at all times. You never know when it will come in handy. It has potent anti-inflammatory properties and tons of antioxidants, which can help remedy many health conditions. Did you know that turmeric has been known to inhibit cancer cell growth? Well, it can!
When it comes to cleansing the skin, turmeric is a beneficial ingredient to use because of the anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants. In fact, turmeric has been used as a natural acne remedy for many years. The antimicrobial properties work to fight bacteria and clear up blemishes.
This mask recipe calls for rice flour, which helps to exfoliate the skin and remove dead skin cells. By soaking extra sebum, the rice flour helps to keep the skin oil-free. The mask also contains raw honey, which also has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Your face is definitely going to feel refreshed after using this mask, but make sure you aren’t allergic to the ingredients.
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon non-fat, sugar-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until there are no lumps. If it feels too thick, you can add a little more yogurt.
- Rinse your face with warm water and a natural cleanser and then pat your face dry. Apply the mask liberally on your whole face, being careful to avoid your eyes. Leave the mask on for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water and then pat dry. Use a natural moisturizer if you have dryer skin.