Oregano is not a mysterious or rare spice from the far corners of earth. Oregano is commonly used in different cuisines, but it has also been a healing herb for centuries. The plethora of immune-boosting and healing properties in oregano have been used to treat all sorts of illnesses, especially those having to do with infections.
How does one obtain these magnificent properties of oregano? One of the best ways to absorb the healing agents is to drink a soothing cup of oregano tea. Drinking oregano tea can help to soothe a sore throat, even strep throat, or combat a virus or infection in the body. Oregano’s antioxidants work to supercharge your immune system. The antioxidants responsible include rosmarinic acid and thymol.
Just when you thought oregano couldn’t get any better, it does. Studies have shown that the phytonutrients and antioxidants in oregano work to combat cancer cells. Oregano contains quercetin, which has been known to slow the growth of cancer cells and promote apoptosis (cell death).
Oregano Tea Works Best For:
- Depression, flu, head lice, or warts
- Allergies, burns, or fatigue
- Constipation, parasites, or fungus
- Coughs, headaches, swollen glands, or bronchia troubles
- Indigestion, bloating, urinary problems, or gas
Oregano Tea Recipe:
- 4-6 tablespoons of fresh oregano leaves
- 2½ cups of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- a tea strainer
- Boil the water in a saucepan and then remove from the heat. Put the oregano leaves into the water and let them steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a tea strainer and stir in the raw honey. Drink and enjoy.