Cleansing is one of the best ways to flush toxins from your entire body. Since we are constantly exposed to toxins via our food, environment, and skin products, among other things, it is beneficial to get those toxins out of the body to live a healthier life. You don’t want to them to build up in your system and increase your risk of developing cancer, bowel diseases, or respiratory illnesses.
There is more than one way to cleanse the body. While the Full Body Cleanse is a tried and true regimen that helps rid the body of toxins, you can continue to cleanse your system by drinking various tea combinations. Most people don’t realize that skin health is directly related to what is happening internally. Toxic build-up in the body can cause acne or other skin conditions like psoriasis. To help cleanse the system and clear up the skin, here are several tea recipes you need to be drinking.
Lemon & Ginger Tea
Lemon is one of the best ingredients for healthy skin because it is loaded with antioxidants. Additionally, these antioxidants help fight free radicals in the body and nourish skin cells. Ginger, on the other hand, is a known stomach soother and has incredible anti-inflammatory properties, which is great for those with joint pain.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- After boiling the water in a pot, remove from heat and add the ginger and lemon slices. Let this steep for about 20 minutes and then strain the liquid.
- You can serve this cold or warm. Warm is best if you have a sore throat. Drink within 2 days of brewing.
Green Tea Spiced Tonic
Green tea has some amazing health benefits. What happens when you add other spices to it? Well, it gets even better. This tonic is great for getting over a cold, or fighting a cold if you feel one coming on. The added spices help regulate blood sugar levels and supply the body with a boatload of nutrients.
- 1 green tea bag
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 8 ounces boiling water
- After adding the tea bag and spices to a mug or teacup, pour the hot water in and let it steep for 5-8 minutes. Remove the tea bag. Make sure the spices are dissolved in the water; you may have to stir the water to aid this process.
- Drink and enjoy your tea.
This tea is great for boosting the immune system and aiding liver detoxification. In addition to drinking this tea, it is wise to limit your consumption of sodium, fats, refined, sugars, dairy products, meats, and processed foods because these can be taxing on the liver. The tea will not be effective if you continue to eat those foods all the time.
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric root, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, freshly grated
- ½ a lemon, juiced with the peel
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- Combine the turmeric, ginger, and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer this mixture for about 5-10 minutes, but don’t let it boil.
- Remove from the heat and strain the liquid into a large mug. Add the lemon juice and agave and stir to combine flavors. Enjoy!