When it comes to giving your immune system a boost, you can use all the help you can get. Currently, there are viruses going around and you need all the help you can get to keep yourself healthy. You’ll be reaping some major health benefits with this magical mixture of healthy ingredients.
We call this immune-boosting beverage, “Golden Milk.” It does not actually contain any dairy because dairy is not beneficial for your health. In fact, dairy can actually weaken your immune system. If you are opposed to drinking this beverage because of the taste, you can use it as a base for a stew or curry.
All of these ingredients have amazing health benefits, so let’s take a closer look at some key helpers.
If you have indigestion or dyspepsia, turmeric should be your go-to remedy. Because it has incredible anti-inflammatory properties and a boatload of antioxidants, turmeric can help nourish cells in the body and keep your brain healthy.
The compounds and anti-inflammatory properties in cinnamon have been known to combat allergies by reducing inflammation and fighting histamine reactions. Additionally, cinnamon helps boost the immune system, which is beneficial for fighting off viruses and bacteria.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- ½ cup grated turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 cups water, plus another ½ cup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup organic coconut milk
- Mix the turmeric in 1.5 cups of water in a saucepan over low heat. Add the rest of the water and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Slowly add the rest of the ingredients and keep the pan over a low flame. Keep stirring until you get a mildly thickened drink that has a golden tinge.
Drink this at your leisure or cook with it to help out your immune system.