Is it possible to get clearer, healthier skin without using top-of-the-line skincare products? Yes, and the skincare products you buy often times cause more damage to your body than you realize. There are chemicals in these products that can contaminate the skin and wreak havoc on the body. Let’s take a step away from these products and start working on improving our skin from the inside out.
Glowing, clear skin is attainable if you give your body the nutrients that it needs. Detox waters are great for constantly supplying your body with a variety of nutrients from different produce items. Additionally, constantly drinking water helps to flush toxins from the body, while keeping your cells hydrated and happy.
The following produce items should be in your water at all times to help you improve your skin health.
Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is commonly used as a natural remedy for sunburns, rashes, or psoriasis, but adding it to your water can help to treat gut issues and promote clearer skin.
Apple: Rich in malic acid, which helps to cleanse your skin by renewing skin cells, apples are great additions to detox waters.
Apple Cider Vinegar: When it comes to apple cider vinegar, make sure that it is raw and unfiltered. This will help to balance bacteria in your gut and promote a neutral pH balance.
Citrus Fruits (grapefruit, lemons, limes, & oranges): All of these are full of vitamin C, which plays a role in the formation of collagen.
Cucumber: Cucumbers mostly water, which helps to keep you hydrated, but they are also rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C, and manganese, all of which help to make your skin soft.
Ginger: Great for keeping the skin glowing, ginger contains lots of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that work to hydrate and heal.
Mint: Mint is commonly used as a natural acne treatment, so adding it to your water helps to supply the body with antioxidants and flavonoids.
You will find some recipes to help improve the health of your skin below.
Strawberry Kiwi Detox Water:
- ½ gallon cold filtered water
- 2 kiwis, sliced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher and let them chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Discard the fruit after 1-2 days.
Watermelon Mint Detox Water:
- 1-2 liters of cold filtered water
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed (rind and all)
- 1 lemon or lime, cut into wedges
- 10-14 mint leaves
- Ice cubes (if desired)
- After prepping all of the ingredients, add them all to a pitcher with water and let them sit overnight in the refrigerator so that the water can absorb the properties. Drink the next day.
Cucumber Lemon Detox Water:
- 3 quarts filtered water
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2-3 small lemons, cut into wedges
- 10-12 mint leaves
- Add all of the ingredients to a large pitcher and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before drinking. Enjoy!
Beautiful Skin Detox Water:
- 1-2 liters of water
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- handful of ice (optional)
- Pour all of the ingredients into a large pitcher. You can stir and serve immediately, or refrigerate for a couple hours to let the flavors steep.