3 INGREDIENT ENERGY BARS [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
Dairy Free, Healthy Kid-Friendly, Soy Free, Sugar Free/Low Sugar, Vegan, and Wheat Free
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup nuts/seeds of choice (I used sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- a pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dates in a food processor and process until they begin to form a paste. Add in the nuts/seeds and continue to process until everything is evenly combined (you may need to scrape down the sides of the processor a few times). Add in the chocolate chips and optional sea salt, and pulse just until they are evenly incorporated.
- Pour the dough out onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, and form the dough evenly into a compact rectangle, about 1/2-inch thick. Place dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and slice into 10 bars. Enjoy!