BREAKFAST TORTILLA PESTO PIZZA [VEGAN]
Dairy Free and Vegan
- 1 tortilla of choice
- Pesto (throw everything in blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup nuts or seeds of choice (I used pumpkin, but sunflower, walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, almonds would also all work well)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup spinach (or kale, swiss chard, arugula, any greens will work)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (or parsley, mint or cilantro if you’re feeling adventurous!)
- 1/3 cup water
- Thinly sliced potato, mushroom, onion, corn, chives, spinach, greens, peppers, avocado, broccoli, etc
- 1 small purple potato, thinly sliced,
- 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced,
- 1 crimini mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cob of corn, de-kerneled
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- few Chinese spinach leaves (hence the red-purple color of my pesto)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees. Make your pesto by combining all ingredients in a blender or food processor and processing for 30 seconds (scraping down sides a few times), until creamy.
- Pour onto tortilla and spread out evenly with a spoon, it should be a nice thick layer of pesto.
- Top with your thinly sliced veggies, though leave avocado off until it comes out of oven. Place on baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until tortilla starts to brown and get crispy and toppings are soft and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with avocado if using, salt, pepper and any other favorite flavors. Cut into slices or roll up like a burrito. Enjoy!