I stumbled upon a recipe for Hass Avocado Wings with Buffalo Sauce, which would have been my first wish if I had a genie. Now when I encounter said genie, I avocaDON’T have to waste a wish. Yes, these are a thing! And bonus – they’re baked, not fried. They take maybe 15 minutes to make, and a few hot seconds to gobble up. Here’s the how to.
BUFFALO AVOCADO “WINGS” [VEGAN]
- 3-4 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- Juice of 3 fresh limes
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Your preferred vegan buffalo sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Peel and slice your avocados, and juice your limes into a bowl. I found I needed a LOT more lime juice than the original recipe called for, but use your judgement.
- Sprinkle avocado wedges with lime juice, and toss them gently in bread crumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place the breaded wedges on the sheet.
- Cook avocado wedges until the edges begin to brown. It took about 20 minutes for me.
- Toss those bad Larrys into a hot concoction of your choosing.
- Arrange and enjoy.