CACAO RASPBERRY MAGIC CAKE [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
Dairy Free, Kid-Friendly, Soy Free, Vegan and Wheat Free
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (more if you prefer a sweet cake) (not raw)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4-5 dates, soaked and peeled
- 2 T cacao powder
- 1 t vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of shaved cacao butter
- 1/4 cup of shaved cacao liquor
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup (not raw)
- 1 t vanilla
For the cake:
- Place the almonds in a food process and process until a flour is formed.
- Add the dates, salt, and cacao powder and process until a chunky dough is formed.
- Dump contents into a 6″ springform pan and press down until even.
- Next, place the macadamia nuts in a food processor and process until a flour is formed.
- Add the lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and coconut oil and process until smooth. (Add 1-2 T of water as needed to facilitate blending).
- Dump contents over the crust and smooth over until even.
- Place in the freezer for an hour, then move to the refrigerator.
- Pour the cacao shell over the top and place in the refrigerator to harden. Top with fresh raspberries, coconut nibs, whatever sounds good!
For the shell:
- In a glass bowl, add the cacao butter and cacao liquor. Make sure everything that comes in contact with this is 100% dry. Any amount of water will create a chunky, curdled consistency.
- Place the bowl over a pot of warm water and stir until melted.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- Pour into mold or over dessert. Place in the refrigerator to harden.
By: Marquis Matson