CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES WITH WHIPPED COCONUT CREAM AND CHOCOLATE [VEGAN]
Dairy Free and Vegan
- 2 cups carrot pulp (or ground up carrots)
- 1 1/4 cups dates
- 1 cup walnuts (or other nuts)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Water, if needed
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups whipped coconut cream
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate sauce
- Pulse the nuts into powder in a food processor. Add the dates and coconut oil and process until it all gets sticky. I added a little bit of water here so I ended up with a slightly gooey mixture before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it’s all evenly combined and still pretty sticky (you can do this last step in a bowl with your hands or spoon if you want). I like when there’s whole raisins in the cupcakes so I added those after it was all mixed. Also feel free to add more spices!
- Press the “dough” into lined cupcake tins or papers, or really any shape you like! Set in the fridge for a couple hours at least. Or you could “bake” them at 250 degrees for an hour or two, so they get warm and intensify their flavor. This might also help them stick together more. Up to you.
- Swirl the chocolate sauce into the whipped coconut cream and decorate your cupcakes with it! Alternatively, scoop on some coconut cream and then drizzle the chocolate over it. I sprinkled mine with cacao nibs too.