CHAI OATCAKES FOR ONE [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice
- 2/3 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1/2 cup’s worth of zucchini, preferably peeled
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- pinch of cloves
- rounded 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Combine milk and vinegar in a small bowl or cup and let sit for ten minutes.
- Put all pancake ingredients (including milk-vinegar mixture) in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add extra liquid if necessary (just a tsp or so at a time). It should have the consistency of paint. :)
- Heat a griddle pan over medium low heat.
- When griddle pan is ready, spray with nonstick cooking spray (it only needs a little bit!), and use a large spoon or a small scoop to pour pancakes onto the griddle. I made small pancakes, so I used a large soup spoon, and it worked perfectly. Generally, don’t go any bigger than 1/4 a cup, but I find that too big still.
- When bubbles have formed at the top of the pancake, flip over and cook for another minute. Repeat until all the batter has been used!
- Serve with syrup, fresh fruit, pecans or other nuts, coconut, nondairy yogurt, and/or coconut whipped cream!