CINNAMON SPICED APPLE AND GRAPE SALAD [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 2.5 oz herb salad mix (mix of baby lettuces, red & green chard, mizuna, arugula, friseé, radicchio, parsley, cilantro, dill, baby spinach)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- coconut oil, for cooking
- ½ cup apples, thinly sliced
- ½ cup grapes, chopped
- handful walnuts, chopped
- Tear salad leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and lemon juice in small bowl. Pour over salad and massage gently onto the leaves.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and place aprox. ½ tablespoon coconut oil in it.
- Place slices of apple in pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Drizzle with maple syrup (optional).
- When they begin to become golden brown and become soft, flip and pan-fry the other sides until golden brown.
- Turn off heat and add apples to your salad bowl.
- Place the chopped grapes into the pan, just to let them become a luke-warm temperature.
- Combine grapes in salad.
- Top with chopped walnuts. Enjoy!
By: Danielle Joy