CHOCOLATE GRANOLA [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp nut butter
- 4 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten free if required)
- 1 cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup dried goji berries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Mix the maple syrup, coconut oil and nut butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add cacao powder and cinnamon then bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes tick enough that you can see the bottom of the pot while you stir. Once it has reached desired thickness, add the vanilla and set aside.
- In a very large bowl mix the oats, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and coconut.
- When the chocolate mixture is done cooking, pour it over the dry mixture while it is still warm. Mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the Chocolate Granola onto one or two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. If you are using two baking sheets rotate the rack it is sitting on each time you stir.
- When the Chocolate Granola is cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes so it stiffens. Add the goji berries, chia seeds and cacao nibs and store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a month.
By: Jesse Lane