Sweet mango, creamy avocado, crunchy cucumber, and spicy jalapeno combine to make the most amazing dish that is bright and colorful and packed with flavor. The salsa makes a great side dish for lots of meals or would be refreshing all on its own.
MANGO AVOCADO SALSA [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- ¼ large red onion, minced
- 1 Tbs. fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients except for the avocado and cilantro in a large bowl. Let stand a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- When you are close to serving, cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Run cool water over the avocado halves. This will stop them from browning. Remove the avocado from the skin and thinly slice. Add the slices to the salsa. Stir in the cilantro. Serve immediately with the enchiladas.