GARLICKY ZOODLES WITH SUNFLOWER SEEDS [VEGAN]
Dairy Free, Low Carb Vegan and Vegan
- 2 large zucchinis, peeled and spiralized accordingly
- 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
FOR THE GARLIC DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
TO MAKE THE GARLIC DRESSING:
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE SALAD:
- Start by sprinkling and coating the zoodles with salt, leave to stand for 5 minutes. Doing this will cause the zoodles to secrete any bitter liquid.
- Using a colander, rinse and drain off the zoodles.
- Transfer the zoodles into a small saucepan on medium heat with the warm water.
- Steam for 5 minutes until tender and drain off any excess water.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds on top of the zoodles and drizzle with the garlicky dressing.