GRILLED CHEESY GRIT CAKES [VEGAN]
Dairy Free and Vegan
- 4 cups hot cooked instant grits
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped, or 1 tsp. dry thyme
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Spray an 8″ square brownie pan with a little oil.
- Pour grit mixture into pan and smooth the top. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight to let it set until completely cool.
- Turn the form out onto a cutting board and cut into four squares.
- Lightly spray grill and cook until you see grill marks on each side (about 3 minutes). Do not move the cakes around and allow plenty of space between them on the grill.
- Cut each square diagonally into triangles. Serve hot.
By: Jennifer Mora