HARISSA TAHINI ROMAINE WRAPS AND SALAD [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup black beans + 1 cup chickpeas, fresh or canned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 bunch of romaine leaves
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp spicy Harissa paste (add less if you don’t like spicy)
- juice of half a lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp water
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Season with more salt to taste.
- For a salad, chop the romaine leaves and toss them with the quinoa mix. To make wraps, scoop quinoa mix into the center.
- Top with a drizzle of the tahini harissa sauce.
- Alternatively, you can stir the tahini harissa sauce into the quinoa mix.
- Top the salad or wraps with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Harissa Tahini Sauce:
- Place the sauce ingredients in a jar, tightly twist on the lid, and shake until it is creamy.
- Drizzle the sauce over the salad/wraps, or stir it into the quinoa and beans.