Did you know everyday kitchen essentials like rosemary, sea salt, cilantro and avocado are perfect for DIY beauty products? Avocado and almond oil are great for moisturizing, sea salt exfoliates and herbs offer calming relief. After a decade of chronic illness and learning how to remove toxins from food and beauty products, I learned how to whip up a few delicious (and edible!) beauty products that you’ll love. Next time you want to refresh your face, ditch the chemical-laden commercial masks and hit up your pantry for just what your skin needs.
Easy Coconut + Avocado Hair Conditioner
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, plus more if needed
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Mix avocado and coconut milk well until mixture is thick (add mint if using). Then comb through hair. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Rosemary Sea Salt Scrub
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 drops organic lavender essential oil
In a small bowl, combine sea salt, almond oil, rosemary and lavender essential oil; rub onto skin and rinse with warm water, then pat dry.
Cilantro Celery Toner
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup boiling filtered water
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; let sit for 40 minutes, then strain liquid into another bowl and use as a toner on your face, neck and upper body.