Did you know that you can make healthy beauty products with the ingredients in your kitchen? You don’t have to spend tons of money on hair products, skin moisturizers, facial cleansers, body scrubs, acne creams, or anything else you choose to put on your body. These commercial beauty products can contaminate your body because they contain toxic chemicals that seep through your pores.
To avoid contaminating your skin and reduce your risk of chronic illness, start making your own all-natural beauty products. Head to your pantry and make the following recipes. Let us know how they work out for you in the comments below.
Rosemary Sea Salt Scrub:
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- Combine all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Rub this onto your skin, rinse with warm water, and pat dry after rinsing. This works great on dry skin areas.
Cilantro Celery Toner:
- 4 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Place all three ingredients in a bowl and let the mixture sit for 40 minutes. Strain the liquid into another bowl and use this as a toner on your neck, upper body, and face.
Coconut Avocado Conditioner:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- Whisk the avocado, coconut milk, and mint, if you are using it, until you get a smooth and thick consistency. Comb this mixture through your hair and leave it in for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.