Why do people buy animal-based protein powders? For starters, a lot of people don’t think that buying plant-based protein powders will yield the same results or supply them with a sufficient amount of protein. They are right in the sense that plant-based protein powders don’t yield the same results; they actually have better results.
When you use a plant-based protein powder, your body actually uses it more efficiently because it can absorb it easier. The body has to work harder to process animal-based protein powders, meaning it doesn’t use the protein as well as it should. In fact, a lot of whey protein powders can lead to weight gain, not in the muscle building way.
Give your body the protein it was designed to process by making your own plant-based protein powder. This is an economical, healthy alternative to buying plant-based protein powders in the store. Aside from being insanely rich in nutrients and healthy protein, this homemade protein powder doesn’t have that nasty chalky texture when you drink it.
- 5 cups pure hemp protein
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ½ cup toasted carob
- ½ cup raw cacao
- 4 teaspoons vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon stevia (more or less depending on desired sweetness)
- ½ teaspoons chlorella powder
- ¼ cup maca powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Store this in an airtight container in the freezer.
- If you are ready to consume it right away, put all the ingredients in a mason jar or blender bottle, add water, and shake it up.
Serving size: ¼ cup