EXQUISITE LEEK AND CASHEW APPETIZER [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 2 leeks, thoroughly rinsed and cut into slices
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely cut
- 1 cup salted roasted cashew nuts (preferably buy them raw and roast/salt them yourself)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Warm up a pan and sweat the garlic and the leeks over medium heat
- Add 1 cup of boiling water, cover with the lid and allow to cook in low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and dried oregano, mix well. Remove from the fire and let it cool down.
- Add the cashew nuts in a food processor and grind briefly. You want to grind the nuts into small pieces, not make cashew nut butter.
- Also add the Leeks into the food processor and mix everything until obtaining a smooth texture. Enjoy!