LEMON COCONUT BARS [VEGAN]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dried shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temp
- 6 Medjool dates, finely diced
- 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F. Spray a 8×8 baking dish with a non stick spray. Set aside.
- Combine the lemon juice and chia seeds in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the spelt flour, baking powder, 3/4 cup coconut flakes, salt and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut oil, applesauce and dates. Pour in the chia seed mixture and stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour mixture out into baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut shreds.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until edges turn brown and bars are firm to the touch.
- Cut and enjoy!