GLUTEN-FREE OATMEAL CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES [VEGAN]
Dairy Free and Vegan
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2/3 cup vegan butter substitute (I used Earth Balance Organic Whipped Buttery Spread)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 oz. (113g) package sweetened dried cranberries (I used Newman’s Own Organics Dried Cranberries)
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375◦F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat to prevent sticking, if desired.
- In a small bowl make a flaxseed egg by combining flaxseed meal and water, stir and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add dry ingredients: gluten-free oats, gluten-free flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to sift and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add vegan butter substitute and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Mix in flaxseed egg until combined.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until combined.
- Stir in dried cranberries and non-dairy chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake approximately 10-12 minutes.
By: Wendy Irene