RAW-VOCADO KEY LIME PIE [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
Dairy Free, Healthy Kid-Friendly, Raw Vegan, Vegan and Wheat Free
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 6 -8 medjool dates (you may need a few more or a couple less depending on the size and moisture of your dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tbs raw agave nectar
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 cup soaked & drained cashews (soak for an hour or more so they blend smooth and creamy)
- 2 tbs agave
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- Mix all ingredients in food processor with S blade until they stick together by pinching. Nuts should be finely chopped, but not turned into nut butter. Spread and push down mixture to evenly coat bottom of 9 x 9” square cake pan.
- Mix all ingredients in food processor with S blade until creamy and smooth, spread on top of nut crust. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in food processor with S blade until creamy and smooth, add a bit of water or a little more agave if needed.
- Spread on top of frozen avocado and store covered in the freezer until 5 – 15 minutes prior to serving (if frozen.) Take out and cut into pieces, allowing them to slightly thaw before serving. Pie filling will turn brown in about an hour after thawing, so keep frozen if possible.