SESAME ZUCCHINI FRITTERS [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 2 small-medium zucchinis
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly oil baking sheet, or line with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process onion, garlic, parsley and zucchini until all are a uniform size.
- Transfer veggies to a large bowl and add all the dry ingredients, baking powder through flax meal. Stir well.
- Wet your hands (mixture will be a bit sticky) and form into small golf ball sized dallops. Place on baking sheet evenly spread apart, and sprinkle the top of each with a generous amount of sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven, flip them over and bake for another 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown. You may have to adjust cooking time based on oven, so give them a check around 8 minutes.
- 6. Serve with a simple lemony avocado mayo (see above) or any condiment of choice. Lovely on their own, as an appetizer, or atop a salad.