STEAMED ASPARAGUS WITH WHITE BEAN AND ARTICHOKE AIOLI [VEGAN]
Dairy Free and Vegan
- 1 pound asparagus, washed
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 artichoke hearts from a can, drained
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnishing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cut off and discard the ends of asparagus.
- Place a steamer basket inside a large pot. Fill it with 2 cups of water. Place the asparagus inside the basket. Cover and steam until asparagus are bright green and tender, 8-10 minutes. Remove asparagus from the basket and place on a large plate.
- Meanwhile, place garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, bean, ume plum vinegar, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, artichoke hearts, and basil leaves in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 2 minutes, scraping down the bowl halfway through. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Spoon it over asparagus or serve it on the side. Right before serving, sprinkle it with black pepper.