STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP BUCKWHEAT MUFFINS [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE]
Dairy Free Healthy High Fiber Kid-Friendly Nut Free Soy Free Vegan and Wheat Free
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups organic strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat together flax eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Pour mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in 1 cup strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups (using about 1/4 cup batter per muffin). Top each with the remaining strawberry pieces and some extra chocolate chips. Bake for about 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to sit in the pan for at least 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool. Enjoy!